- About Us
- Air Conditioning
- Emergency Plumbing
- Slab Leak Detection and Repair
- Drain & Sewer Cleaning
- Outdoor Faucet Repair
- Sewer Lines
- Water Heaters
- Tankless Water Heaters
- Bathroom Plumbing
- Gas Piping
- Leak Detection
- Kitchen Plumbing
- Sump Pumps
- Water Filtration Systems
- EASE Maintenance™
- Indoor Air Quality
- Contact Us
Heating Repair Services in Dallas, Texas
When cold weather strikes in Dallas, you need to be able to rely on your home heating equipment to see you through the season comfortably. If your furnace, heat pump, or ductless heating system is acting up or failing to perform at the level you need it to, you can count on Frymire Home Services for the professional heating repair services you need.
When you’re looking for heating repair “near me” in Dallas, call 469-346-4999 or set an appointment with us online!
Heating Systems We Service
Today’s homes can be heated by a variety of different system types. Regardless of what heating system you depend on in your home, you can trust the skill and experience of our technicians for repairs. We offer heating repair in Dallas for these heating units:
- Heat pumps
- Dual-fuel systems
- Ductless heating
Signs You Need Repair
Time is of the essence when it comes to heating repair, as the issue will likely get more complex and costly as you wait. Call on our professionals for heating repair if you notice:
- Reduced heating power or uneven home heating
- Increases in your fuel or energy costs and consumption
- Loud, repetitive, or unusual noises from your heating system during operation
- Strange odors coming from vents or from the unit itself
- Heating system overheating, or furnace short-cycling
Common Heating Problems & Troubleshooting Tips
In many cases, it’s ideal to leave heating repair up to the professionals. However, it’d be a shame to call for service, only to find out the problem was something exceptionally small or simple! Before calling for the experts, check for these common complications:
- Dirty air filters – The air filter in your heating unit should be replaced monthly or every two months for high-quality pleated filters. Failing to change the filter can lead to overheating, short-cycling, poor air quality, and reduced efficiency.
- Incorrect thermostat settings – It happens more often than you may think. Maybe the thermostat was bumped, or it’s possible that you changed the settings and have forgotten. Always ensure the system is turned to “heat” and the temperature is set as you want it before calling for service.
- Breaker trips – If your furnace fails to cycle on completely, check your breaker box. Occasionally a breaker will trip when a heating system cycles on. As a one-off issue, simply flipping the breaker back is fine. If the problem persists, you’ll need to call for repair.
When You Should Repair vs. Replace
While repair is the knee-jerk reaction any time a homeowner’s heating system is struggling, there are times when simply replacing the unit outright is more cost-efficient and effective. Our experts recommend replacing a heating unit when:
- Your furnace or heat pump is older than 10 years
- You find yourself calling for heating repair often
- Your current repair costs exceed a third of the value of the unit as a whole
- You are dissatisfied with the heating quality in your home
Why Choose Frymire Home Services for Heating Repair?
Frymire Home Services has been meeting the comfort needs of homeowners in and around the Dallas area for over 60 years. In our time as an HVAC company, we have striven to provide unmatched quality, superior workmanship, and honest pricing to our clients. We know you want total satisfaction, and in order to ensure you get it, our teams endlessly work to stay on top of all of the latest in techniques, heating technology, and tools.
Do you need heating repair in Dallas or the surrounding communities? Call today, or contact us online to schedule service!
Heating System Repair FAQs
How often should furnaces be inspected?
One way to avoid unnecessary HVAC repair is to have your system inspected and maintained annually. At Frymire Home Services, we recommend having your HVAC system maintained two times per year. In the fall, schedule a heating system tune-up. In the spring, do the same thing for your cooling system. This routine care will ensure your HVAC system is ready to serve you well all year long.
What situations are furnace repair emergencies?
Some furnace problems can wait for normal business hours to address. Others require immediate service. Some issues that indicate a furnace repair emergency include:
- You smell gas from your furnaces
- The furnace stops working entirely, and you are facing extremely cold weather
- Extremely loud noises coming from the furnaces
If you are noticing any of these problems, reach out to the team at Frymire to schedule furnace repair immediately. We service all makes and models of heating systems.
Should I repair or replace my furnace?
If you have a furnace that’s not working properly, you must decide whether it’s right to repair it or replace it. If it is older, you may be better served by replacing it with a more efficient, newer model. If it is newer, then weigh the cost of the repair against the cost of replacement. If the repair cost is half or more of the cost of replacement, a new, more efficient system may be your best choice.
Why is my furnace leaking?
Seeing a furnace leak is an unusual problem because furnaces typically do not have water. However, they do have a condensation system, and a condensation leak is the most common problem for leaks around a furnace. This problem can occur when a condensation drain becomes clogged, there is a break in the condensation line, or a problem with the condensation pump. Schedule furnace repair to address this problem to avoid water damage or mold growth.