October 14th, 2020
October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and, at Frymire, we know the far-reaching effects of this disease. In fact, on average, a woman is diagnosed with breast cancer in the U.S. every two minutes. Given that information, Frymire Home Services is proud to spend this month partnered with National Breast Cancer Foundation (NBCF) to bring hope and awareness to this cause – particularly women facing breast cancer here in the DFW and Texas area.
With National Breast Cancer Foundation headquartered just up the road from Frymire, we knew the partnership would be a perfect fit. NBCF helps women on every step of their cancer journey, and, this month, Frymire employees are working together to prepare and distribute care packages, called “HOPE Kits,” to Texas women facing breast cancer. Each HOPE Kit is filled with thoughtful items that patients have referenced as comforting, encouraging, and useful while undergoing treatment. Items include fuzzy socks, an inspirational bracelet, a HOPE journal, and more.
As a part of this community, we at Frymire are humbled to have the opportunity serve in this way. We are proud and excited to partner with an organization that is dedicated to working tirelessly to support the women who are diagnosed in their lifetime and to provide funding for life-changing programs for women impacted by this disease. The foundation has a number of programs that you can get involved with as well. If you or someone you know is interested in getting involved with HOPE Kits, or any of the NBCF’s other programs, you can find more information at: https://www.nationalbreastcancer.org/our-programs.
March 13th, 2020
Frymire is taking CDC-approved safety precautions to put your health first.
Due to the spread of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19), many customers may be wondering what actions Frymire Home Services will be taking to ensure the health and safety of those we serve throughout the Dallas, Texas area. And, as people have become extra conscious of germs and illnesses, we want to ease some concerns you may have.
Have any questions we can answer for you regarding the health and safety of your home? Feel free to contact the indoor air quality experts at Frymire Home Services – call 972-910-2248 or send us a message online.
Our indoor air quality experts take your health seriously.
As the indoor air quality (IAQ) experts in the Dallas, TX area, Frymire Home Services understands that your family’s health and safety are our team’s most important focus. Here are some steps we are taking as safety precautions during your duct cleaning, UV light purifying, or MicroPure® air filtration services:
- Every member of our team has reviewed the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) standards to reduce exposure and add additional layers of precaution.
- We have created processes within our organization to interview our employees about their possible exposure to any kind of virus. (If anything comes back remotely concerning, we take appropriate action to reduce exposure – which includes testing and quarantining.)
- Our IAQ team always comes fully prepared to work in your home – this includes gloves, masks, and shoe covers (if desired) during the entire service.
- Our team members answering phone calls are well educated and informed about all health concerns and are able to answer any further questions you may have.
Frymire Home Services: Your Indoor Air Quality Experts
If you are interested in improving your indoor air quality, we offer a variety of products and services to help you stay healthy and breathe better – especially during this season of contagious germs and illnesses.
Here at Frymire Home Services, we offer indoor air quality services to provide clearer, cleaner air, including:
Contact our team today by calling 972-910-2248 to learn about all of our IAQ products and services, and we can create a custom plan for your home and needs.
Breathe better in 2020 with improved indoor air quality!
October 22nd, 2019
On Tuesday, October 22, a swarm of seven or more tornadoes struck North Texas, causing widespread devastation and extensive power outages. Hundreds of buildings suffered major or minor damage, and 67 were completely destroyed. Over 120,000 customers lost power throughout Dallas.
Thankfully, no one was killed or seriously injured from the disaster. But these fierce tornadoes are a reminder of the importance of safety and preparedness. Below are a few tips to help you prepare in case of extreme weather in the future:
- Know the potential warning signs of an approaching tornado: a dark or green-colored sky; large hail; a dark, low-lying cloud; or a roaring sound similar to a freight train. If you notice these conditions, tune into local radio or TV stations for advisories.
- Set up an emergency kit that includes non-perishable food, water, and medication.
- Have fresh batteries and a battery-operated internet-enabled device to allow you to listen to emergency information.
- Know where to take shelter from a tornado. Avoid windows, go to the basement or an inside room on the lower floor away from windows—a bathroom or closet is best. The CDC has more information about finding shelter.
If your house was damage during the recent tornado swarm, please make checks of all your utilities. Gas leaks are a significant concern—turn off the gas valve to the house to help stay safe until you can have certified professionals check the gas lines. If you smell electrical burning or see frayed wires, shut off the power at the electrical box. If you’ve lost water, there may be damage to the water main. A damaged sewer line is also a possibility.
For assistance with major plumbing issues in your home, or to replace damaged heating and air conditioning equipment, you can rely on our team for repairs, replacements, and more.