It’s almost here. That time of year when you check the weather on your phone and think you’re reading an oven temperature instead. Summer days in the triple digits are becoming more and more common in the area, but that’s where your air conditioner comes in!
During the long hot weather season, your poor AC has to work harder than two marathon runners in training to keep up with your cooling needs. If you don’t properly maintain your system with at least an annual tune-up, the chances that your AC will experience a critical failure skyrocket. That means high repair or replacement bills, and wandering around in the inescapable sauna that is your home while you wait for the technician to fit you in.
That’s why we put together the ultimate AC Tune-Up Checklist. Below is a list of things that need to be maintained in your AC. We hope this helps you as you shop around for a good AC maintenance service, or when you attempt to do a little DIY.
What Every AC Tune-Up Should Involve
- Check the air filter – replace if needed
- Assess how well the unit is installed and adjust when appropriate
- Make sure the AC has enough open space around it to circulate air well
- Check the thermostat for accuracy and recalibrate
- Turn on the AC and observe how well it works
- Determine the amperage and voltage the AC is using while in operation
- Check that all safety controls are in working order
- Check and clean the components of the blower
- Check and fine-tune the blower motor and belts
- Cycle the AC to ensure proper startup, heating, and cooling
- Measure the temperature when the unit is on and off
- Evaluate system airflow
- Examine electrical connections and tighten any loose wiring
- Make sure all moving parts move properly
- Check and clean the evaporator coils and the condenser
- Measure and recalibrate the refrigerant charge
- Examine the condensate drain and apply treatments if needed
It’s a lot to think about when we lay it all out like that, isn’t it?
Choose Frymire Home Services for All Your AC Maintenance & Tune-Up Needs
At Frymire Home Services, our motto is “A Higher Degree of Comfort,” and we strive each day to live and work by this standard. That’s why we created the Victory Comfort Club, a VIP HVAC maintenance plan that offers incredible value, protection, and peace of mind year-round. In the Victory Comfort Club, you’ll save hundreds on your AC tune-ups and receive exclusive deals and discounts not available anywhere else.
Call us at 972–620–3600 or contact us online today to learn more about our affordable and thorough AC maintenance plans.