- About Us
- Air Conditioning
- Emergency Plumbing
- Slab Leak Detection and Repair
- Drain & Sewer Cleaning
- Outdoor Faucet Repair
- Sewer Lines
- Water Heaters
- Tankless Water Heaters
- Bathroom Plumbing
- Gas Piping
- Leak Detection
- Kitchen Plumbing
- Sump Pumps
- Water Filtration Systems
- EASE Maintenance™
- Indoor Air Quality
- Contact Us
Ductless HVAC Repair in Dallas, TX
Ductless heating and cooling are big in Dallas as many homes, condos, and townhouses were built without a duct system. New construction homes, home additions, and guesthouses may also lack ducts. Ductless mini-split systems are ideal in these situations, but they occasionally need repair. If you’re having trouble with your ductless HVAC system, our team is ready to help with prompt diagnosis and expert mini-split repair.
At Frymire Home Services, we service and repair all types of ductless AC and heating systems, including heat pumps, for homeowners throughout the Dallas-Fort Worth area. We also offer an HVAC maintenance program, which can help prevent or reduce the need for repairs.
When you need expert ductless HVAC repair, contact Frymire Home Services. Call us at 469-346-4999 today.
Signs Your Ductless HVAC System Needs Repair
Ductless systems consist of an outdoor condenser/compressor unit connected, through a conduit cable, to multiple indoor air handlers in different rooms of the house.
If you notice any of these ductless HVAC problems, Frymire Home Services has your solution:
- High utility bills: This means your HVAC system is working harder than before to keep your home comfortable. If you haven’t been using it more often, then it’s now running less efficiently than it should.
- Poor performance: If your room or entire home has been too cold or too warm lately, your ductless HVAC system’s performance is slipping. It may simply need mini-split maintenance. Let us inspect your ductless mini-split to locate and quickly repair the problem.
- Unreliable power control: You may have a problem with your ductless HVAC’s electrical components or connections. We can test your system and check your connections to locate the problem and make repairs.
- Strange noises: Grinding sounds can indicate worn motor bearings, and your system is at risk of damage from overheating. Squealing may mean the fan belt is worn, stretched out, and slipping. Hissing noises can signal a refrigerant leak.
- Refrigerant leak: Leaking refrigerant is harmful to your health, and it turns your HVAC unit into just a fan. You won’t see a leak, since refrigerant is a gas, but you may notice your system not cooling as well as normal. Let Frymire Home Services check the refrigerant pressure and repair your ductless HVAC system. In some cases, AC replacement is needed.
- Coil problems: A dirty coil prevents your ductless system from functioning properly and coils can also freeze up. Let our team inspect your ductless HVAC system, clean the coil, check for proper airflow, and make any needed repairs.
- Water leaks: A clogged condensate drain line is often the culprit. Water leakage from your mini-split can damage the unit and encourage unhealthy mold growth.
- Foul odors. This often stems from a blocked evaporator coil or condensate line, with mold growth inside. A Frymire Home Services HVAC technician can clean and troubleshoot your ductless mini-split system. We fix your ductless unit the same day in most cases!
Count on Frymire Home Services for ductless mini-split repairs in Arlington and Dallas, TX. Contact us online or call 469-346-4999 today!
Why Choose Us for Ductless HVAC Repair in Dallas, TX?
At Frymire Home Services, we’re focused on delivering “A Higher Degree of Comfort” to each and every customer. That’s because we want to be your go-to home services company. We have experts on staff in all the HVAC specialties, including indoor air quality. You can count on our friendly, experienced team for emergency services 24/7.
Find out why Dallas trusts Frymire Home Services for ductless HVAC repair! We service Greater Dallas, including Fort Worth and Grand Prairie. Contact Frymire Home Services online – or call us at 469-346-4999 today.
Ductless AC System Repair FAQs
How do ductless HVAC systems work?
Ductless air conditioning systems pull warm air from your home, absorbing its heat, and transferring that heat outdoors. They fit into a hole inside the wall of the room where they are working. They consist of an evaporator unit that pulls in the warm air and blows out the cold air, a conduit that connects the indoor and the outdoor units, and the condenser, which sits outside the home and transfers the heat. This type of system is ideal for cooling approximately one room.
What are some common problems that occur with ductless mini-splits?
Ductless mini-splits can have problems with the condensate drains, which can get clots or develop leaks. The same thing can happen with the refrigerant lines. When the refrigerant doesn’t work or flow properly, the system can freeze. Blower motors can wear out over time as well, causing failure of the system. Most of the time, problems with ductless mini-splits that aren’t due to the age of the system can be tied to poor installation, which is why professional installation is so beneficial.
Why is my ductless mini-split short-cycling?
Short-cycling usually occurs because of a sizing issue. If the system is not the right size for the demand, it will short cycle. Other causes of short-cycling in a ductless mini-split include:
- Leaks in the refrigerant coil
- Problems with the thermostat
- A clogged air filter
What happens if I run low on refrigerant with a ductless mini-split?
Refrigerant leaks are a common problem with ductless systems. Low refrigerant levels can cause the compressor to fail. If you suspect that you have a refrigerant leak, make sure you correct it quickly before it can cause more serious problems.