- About Us
- Air Conditioning
- Plumbing Services
- Water Heaters
- Water Filtration Systems
- Victory Comfort Club
- Indoor Air Quality
- Contact Us
Ductless HVAC Installation in Dallas, TX
A ductless HVAC system, also called a mini-split system, is an efficient way to cool small spaces without installing ductwork. If you’re building an addition to your home, they’re a good option to cool the new space without adding to your existing ductwork. They can also be used in smaller houses to cool rooms separately, giving residents personalized control over their comfort. When you’re looking for ductless HVAC installation in Dallas, choose the local HVAC company with over seven decades of experience bringing a higher degree of comfort to Dallas homeowners. At Frymire Home Services, we provide fair pricing and quality workmanship on installations of these innovative cooling solutions.
For ductless HVAC installation in Dallas, trust the HVAC experts at Frymire Home Services. Give us a call at 972-620-3600 or contact us online today!
What Is a Ductless Mini-Split System?
A ductless mini-split system is a heat pump that heats and cools your home in areas where ductwork does not reach. Ductless mini-split systems work well in areas of a home that do not have ductwork or are not properly serviced by a traditional HVAC system and are therefore prone to being too hot or cold, like screened-in porches or additions. Ductless mini-splits operate through a small hole in the wall of the room they are heating and cooling.
Is a ductless mini-split right for you? Reach out to the Frymire Home Services team to find out.
Benefits of Installing a Ductless AC System
In the right circumstances, a ductless AC system offers many benefits over a forced air system with ductwork. If you install a ductless AC system in your Dallas home, you can enjoy:
- Personalized comfort – By placing units in different areas of the house, a ductless AC system creates a zoned cooling system that allows residents to set the temperature in each room.
- Energy efficiency – Because you can turn off the units in rooms that aren’t occupied, a ductless HVAC system lets you save energy by not cooling vacant areas. And unlike central air conditioners, ductless AC systems do not expend energy switching on and off throughout the day – they run continuously, making constant adjustments to keep the temperature consistent.
- Indoor air quality – Ductless systems are even better than central ACs at dehumidifying your indoor air. They also do not have ducts that often collect dust, dirt, bacteria, and debris, which a central AC unit subsequently blows into the air.
- Minimal footprint – Forced air HVAC systems require large indoor units, extensive ductwork, and large outdoor units (in the case of air conditioners). Ductless systems require only small indoor units and a small outdoor unit.
- Minimal maintenance – With less equipment comes less responsibility! You don’t have to worry about dirty or leaking ductwork with a ductless system. Simply clean the filters and keep the areas around the indoor and outdoor units clear to allow for proper airflow.
The HVAC pros at Frymire Home Services can evaluate your home and needs and help you determine if a ductless AC system is the best solution for you.
What to Expect During a Ductless AC Installation
Another benefit of a ductless AC system is how fast the installation is. Instead of the lengthy process of installing new ductwork or retrofitting existing ductwork, your HVAC technician simply installs an outdoor unit and one or more indoor units. If your home is smaller and only has a few rooms, an experienced technician can complete a ductless installation in one day. These are the steps that your technician will follow:
- First, your technician will install the indoor unit or units. These wall-mounted units draw indoor air into the system, run it over cold coils, and then blow it back into the room. You may choose to install one in every room in your home or only place them in frequently used or larger rooms.
- Next, the technician will install the outdoor unit. This part of your ductless system cools the coils and circulates refrigerant.
- Finally, your technician will connect the two units with a refrigerant line, power cable, condensate drain line, and suction tubing.
- To power the system, your technician will run a 220-volt line from your electrical panel to a disconnect switch and then from the switch to the unit.
Ductless HVAC System Replacement
In addition to ductless HVAC installation, our team can replace an old or broken ductless mini-split. If your system is starting to run inefficiently or break down frequently, replacement is in order. Some signs that it’s time for a new ductless mini-split include:
- Your unit can’t keep up with demand.
- Your energy bills are rising without another reason.
- Your system is breaking down frequently.
- Your system needs a high-cost repair.
Schedule ductless mini-split and ductless HVAC replacement now by calling Frymire Home Services at 972-620-3600.
Why Choose Frymire Home Services?
At Frymire Home Services, we aren’t satisfied with being “good enough.” We want every experience you have with us to exceed your expectations for customer service, workmanship, and product quality. Our family-owned company wants the best for your family’s comfort and safety, and we make sure you get it by offering personalized heating and cooling solutions that fit your needs. If we believe that a ductless AC system is the best solution for your home layout, budget, and comfort needs, we will make sure you understand the benefits and help you make the right choice for your family. We do everything in our power to bring you “A Higher Degree of Comfort” and keep you comfortably cool through every Dallas summer.
Let Frymire Home Services bring a higher degree of comfort to your Dallas home! Call us at 972-620-3600 or contact us online for ductless AC installation in Dallas!
FAQs About Ductless HVAC Installation
Do I need a ductless HVAC system?
If you have an area of your home that does not have ductwork running to it, and you wish to have that area heated or cooled, a ductless mini-split is likely the most cost-effective option. Similarly, if you have an area, such as an upstairs bedroom, that’s not adequately cooled by your existing HVAC, a ductless system can give you the cooling you need.
Which ductless mini-split is right for my home?
Working with a qualified HVAC technician will ensure you get the right unit for your home’s needs. This will include considerations for the size of the unit and other factors you need to look into when choosing a system.
Can you heat and cool a room with a ductless mini-split HVAC system?
Yes, because they are heat pumps, ductless systems will both heat and cool the air inside your home.